As you all know children with autism thrive on routine, Michaela and Melanie are no exceptions. Before Michaela was even diagnosed with autism we already had a routine established. This daily routine came in very handy when Melanie was born because Michaela was having some adjustment issues with a newborn in the house. Our saving grace was the routine! (more…)
Well, Michaela’s 5th birthday has come and gone. My baby girl is now a “grown up” five year old getting ready for kindergarten. I have to tell you, those five years came and went fast. I looked at Michaela’s baby pictures and thought of how much we have been through — good and bad — and how much we have grown along with her.
Love you, baby girl!! You can see some pictures and a video from her birthday below (or click on “Read More”, where appropriate.) Enjoy! (more…)
This past week has been super busy for the Higgins house hold!!!!!!!
- Vacation Bible School “Disciples Under Construction” at Allisonville Christian Church June 12th through 16th at 6:30pm to 8:30pm (way past the girls bedtime I might add)
- Michaela’s 5th Birthday June 13th-going to the park then going to VBS for the mini party
- Michaela’s friend birthday party on June 14th from 10:00 am to 1:00pm
- going to the bank to put money in or we would have no money, Wednesday after nap time then having to rush to get an early dinner and getting ready for VBS!
- Melanie’s speech therapy June 16th from 10:30am to 11:30am
- Melanie’s occupational therapy June 17th from 11:30am to 12:30pm
- Kelli’s rehearsal with the woodwind church ensemble after VBS on June15th from 8:30pm to 9:30pm
- Chris’s worship band rehearsal June 14th during VBS
- Chris’s meeting June 16th in the evening
- Michaela’s family birthday party Saturday, June 18th in the afternoon
- Don’t forget Father’s Day on Sunday, June 19th!!!!
Yep, it is Michaela’s 5th Birthday today! She was born on June 13th at 6:30pm 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches at Community South Hospital in Indianapolis. I gave labor a try but I was not progressing at all. My blood pressure kept going up and Michaela’s heart rate would drop during the contractions so we ended up with a C-section. (more…)